February 13, 2009

Couches, Lawns, Friend of a Friend

Making friends along the way can help a lot when you never had a supportive family. Especially when you have no where to sleep except for people's couches you meet along the way. I chose this route several times when employer's exploiting me left no choice other than driving a motorcycle, and relying on college acquaintances. It keeps you on your toes as elderly individuals do not see you in their mirrors, and local law enforcement tries to keep you: "out of site, out of mind." I was disturbed when I found out that outside a city where "services" were provided, it was generally illegal to be homeless. So much for the individuals rights. If I were to pursue a legal career I think pro-bono work would be interesting.

The best shower I ever took during this time was at the end of a low pressure sprinkler pipe, at the top of a hill, in a small farming community park. The water was luke warm, and wonderful!

No comments: