February 13, 2009

Living in My Car

In the late 90's I lived in my car a couple times. It was a blue festiva like this one. I ran the mileage up 36,000 miles in one year. The longest duration was in Las Vegas. I bought a gym pass, and showered there before and after work. I kept $3,000-$5,000 under the seat as my bank. I slept on the passengers side with a .357 nestled against my chest, and then parked the passengers side against a hedge so if somebody was going to rob me they would first have to break the window, make it through the window, and across the seat all before I emptied my gun. My Mom did not like not knowing where I was most of the time, and Dad finally could not take the social pressure. He brought me down an old travel trailer to live in at a gravel pit. Later on I upgraded to a really nice 27 foot travel trailer from Prowler. I should have stayed in the car. I would have been much better off financially.

No comments: